Being creative when you feel like a sloth.

Friday, June 8, 2018


In the past, I've gone through periods where I just could not focus on any project.  I am pretty good at buying the things to do "the thing" but my follow through is total carp.

[Yes, I know the correct word is "crap" but this is an inside joke with a group of the most amazing women I have ever met so "carp" it is!] 

I wanted 2018 to be a fresh start in my blogging experience. 

Here it is June and I've written a sum total of 3 posts.  Total fail.

Since I started this version of my blog, I've done a lot of things I could write about.  I flew for the first time since before 9/11.  I visited Texas which most Texans will tell you that's all you ever need to do to make your life complete.  I attended a super empowering planner conference.  My child has finished another year in school.  I've celebrated a birthday, wedding and work anniversaries.

There have been things - events.  I haven't felt compelled to blog about a single one.

Usually my reasons are: I don't have enough time, I don't take good enough pictures, my spreads aren't good enough. 

I realized that the one constant in all of this is one word - enough.

I haven't believed I am ENOUGH to share or celebrate anything. 

I am just now realizing that that statement is TOTAL CARP.

I can feel the creativity inside of me is starting to tickle my insides.  That sounds way creepier than I mean it to. I just mean that I'm starting to want to spend time sitting down and getting messy and doing the things

But these things have to start small or my brain will get overwhelmed and curl up on itself again.

So this weekend I vow to sit down and make something.  I don't know what or how or even how long it will take to clean up after myself.  I've been watching a lot of creative journaling videos on YouTube lately and I think I want to dust off my old journal and get back to it.

EVEN IF IT'S TOTAL CARP.

It will still be okay and I will have spent some time on my own self care.  Women tend to forget we need this, deserve this and should make time for it.  We can't take care of anyone else if we feel empty all the time.

So I am challenging anyone reading this to take some time this weekend and create something.  Journal, paint, bake, yoga (is that a verb?).  Do something for you.  Come back and share what you did. 

EVEN IF THE END RESULT IS TOTAL CARP.


DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS