Planner Peace. Planner Turmoil.

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Planner Peace.

I keep hearing that.  Every time I hear it I have an overwhelming desire to be anything but peaceful.

I think it's a figment of the imagination.  I've never felt 100% at peace with any planner I have used.

I have come close.  Maybe 85-90%.

Such is life right now.

I am still using my Erin Condren Life Planner and I do love it. The paper is amazeballs.  Yes, it's a word.  Google it.

I wanted to have one year where I used the same planner the whole year.  All I can say is I am getting "itchy" in this planner and trying to patiently wait until July when the year is up.  It used to be my EDC ("every day carry") but the month tabs started to really get abused.

In December, I attended Winter Planner Land, a yearly planner conference held in Georgia.  One of my tablemates brought her Print Pression B6 and I instantly fell in absolute love. I coveted it.  Once home again, I started stalking the website to try and score one for my Christmas present.

I present Kate Middleton in lavender.




This is a Print Pressions B6 rings and it is probably the absolute closest I have come to that fabled planner peace.  I have an uncoiled B6 Limelife Planner, also picked up at WPL, inside that I use for my monthly and weekly views.  There are also sections to track of Girl Scout cookie sales, books I'm reading, scripture writing, meal planning and other projects.

Once this planner was all set up, I started telling people I had found it - yep, planner peace.

Pump the brakes!  In walks this beauty...



Kate Middleton in oil tanned leather.  Isn't she lovely?

I stumbled upon this drop dead beautiful planner by accident. Scrolling Instagram one night at about 2 am, minding my own business, when in my feed should appear a post from the former Pocket Lily Designs saying she's going out of business and every TN would be 50% off.  I immediately knew I should contact this girl and see if I could help her out 'cause I'm nice like that.

The funny thing though about scrolling IG when you can't sleep and trying to make shopping decisions is you quickly forget the planner peace you already seem to have and you also forget all you have learned about fitting rings into strings and what sizes work with what.  So I ordered the wrong size to work with the planner peace set up I had just found.

Note to planners unfamiliar with putting a set of rings into a string planner - a B6 isn't a B6 any more with rings added.  It makes the paper too long for the notebook once it's closed and everything hangs out the side.  If I had been awake and thinking properly or even  just a responsible planner girl and not a cheap and easy planner girl, I would have not been cheating on my current planner.


I added in a set of personal rings to see how I liked it.  With this setup, I can either use the strings to hold B6 inserts, or the rings to hold personal size inserts.



Alas, I'm a planner ho and I ordered the wrong thing.

But now that I have her, I absolutely love her.  Well, I love petting her, smelling her, and the look of her.  (Any romance writers that might be reading this post can steal that line if you'd like!)

So now if I want to use this Pocket Lily planner, I have to change my setup completely.  No more Limelife, no more Lauren Phelps kits.  Begin again.

So that is today's conundrum.  I know I could use this new planner as something else but I really don't want to.  It want it to be MY PLANNER PEACE.  So concessions will have to be made.  I just have to figure out what those will be.

Phooey on planner peace.

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS